This trip starts in the main tourist attractions like Potala palace, Jokhang temple, Drepung and Sera monastery in Lhasa and tourists may enjoy the beauty of the Yarlung Tsangpo (Tibet’s largest and longest river) and visit the Samye monastery which is the first Buddhist monastery built in Tibet and also the very first monastery to have monks. It is very interesting to go for Kora (religious circle) around Hepori hill and enjoy the sand surrounding you as you do Kora.
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.
After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to high altitude. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
For the new-comers of Tibet, to get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet. Having a good sleep in your hotel is a good option. Don not rush to visit attractions inside Lhasa city.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Today’s tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor street, where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market.
Besides, We can taste Tibetan tea with locals in tea house; The welcome dinner will also be arranged accordingly;
With time permitting, you may go with tour guide to visit Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine center. You can upgrade your service to enjoy Tibetan Culture Show in the evening (fr. 60USD)
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Majestic Potala Palace
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet”, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. You can visit biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon. In addition, you can tour the Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, you can see three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
Today, you will have a 290km driving along the Yarlung Tsang (Brahmaputra river), the Sand dunes, the high mountain meadow, and the wide rivers accompany you as you are heading towards Samye Monastery, the Samye Monastery is the Tibet first Buddhist monastery, built in 8 century and the first monastery to have the three Buddhist jewels of Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. With these unique features, this splendid temple has become an attraction for visitors both at home and abroad.
Tourists can enjoy free trek along Yalong river to get close view to beautiful river side and take photo at the entrance of Dorjeeza Monastery. Then we will drive back to Lhasa
Stay overnight in Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as specified in the itinerary;
- Local tour Transfers, 5-29 seats comfortable Tourist Vehicle according to Group Size.;
- Knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide shared in your group;
- Comfortable Hotel Accommodations;
- Service Charge & Government Taxes;
- The above tour price does not include single room supplement. If you are a solo traveler, you need to share one room with another tourist (same sex in most cases); if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement. And the exact price depends on market fluctuation in high and off season of Tibet tour. For the exact price, please refer to your travel consultant.
- Arrangements include planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Welcome Dinner in local restaurant when group members meet in Lhasa
- Free Airport shuttle transfer between Lhasa Gongar airport and Hotel on designated time.
- Group tours only include a welcome dinner after your arrival in Tibet.
- Tibet Handy Map
- Drinking water Provided during the trip
- One shared big Oxygen tank in the car;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price, please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Lunches and dinners are not included, please pay on site by yourself.; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips to tour guide and driver, you are suggested to tip them 7 USD/day in total.;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Frequent Asked Questions
If tourists want to know more about Tibetan religious sects and different architectural features than a simple visit of Lhasa, paying a visit to Samye which is built with the layout of Mandala is worth a try. Samye is known as the first monastery in Tibetan history.