This tour covers the historical sites like The Potala palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor street and all the three biggest monasteries in Tibet, Drepung monastery, Sera monastery and Ganden Monastery. Ganden Monastery is the main seat of Geluk order, situated at an elevation of 3800m above sea level. It is very interesting to trek Lingkor (circle) and you can see the Great Tsongkapa’s meditation cave and the beautiful view of Lhasa valley.
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa. After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to high altitude. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around. Insider Tips: For the new-comers of Tibet, to get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet. Having a good sleep in your hotel is a good option. Don not rush to visit attractions inside Lhasa city. Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet. Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor street, where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market. Besides, We can taste Tibetan tea with locals in tea house; The welcome dinner will also be arranged accordingly; Optional: With time permitting, you may go with tour guide to visit Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine center. You can upgrade your service to enjoy Tibetan Culture Show in the evening (fr. 60USD) Stay overnight in Lhasa
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. You can visit biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung. In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon. In addition, you can tour the Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, you can see three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha. Stay overnight in Lhasa
Today we will drive to the Ganden Monastery, about 60 kilometers east of Lhasa and is one of the “Great Three” Gelugpa monasteries of Tibet, founded by the Great Tsongkhapa in 1409. On the way you can enjoy the beautiful view of Kyichu River and as we drive up to Ganden along winding mountain road, tourists can see the far view of Splendid monastery complex on the top of the mountain. Later we will visit chapels of Genden monastery and the tomb of Tsongkhapa, the founder of Gelupa sect. After touring Ganden Monastery, we will head to visit Tibetan famer's village nearby. Optional: If physical condition is fine and weather allows, hike with guide around the Gaden Kora, enjoy the view of wide Kychi valley. Stay overnight in Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you on board.
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as specified in the itinerary;
- Local tour Transfers, 5-29 seats comfortable Tourist Vehicle according to Group Size.;
- Knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide shared in your group;
- Comfortable Hotel Accommodations;
- Service Charge & Government Taxes;
- The above tour price does not include single room supplement. If you are a solo traveler, you need to share one room with another tourist (same sex in most cases); if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement. And the exact price depends on market fluctuation in high and off season of Tibet tour. For the exact price, please refer to your travel consultant.
- Arrangements include planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Welcome Dinner in local restaurant when group members meet in Lhasa
- Free Airport shuttle transfer between Lhasa Gongar airport and Hotel on designated time.
- Group tours only include a welcome dinner after your arrival in Tibet.
- Tibet Handy Map
- Drinking water Provided during the trip
- One shared big Oxygen tank in the car;
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price, please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Lunches and dinners are not included, please pay on site by yourself.; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips to tour guide and driver, you are suggested to tip them 7 USD/day in total.;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
Frequent Asked Questions
In addition to visiting Potala Palace and Jokhang temple, tourists will tour the three biggest monasteries of Gelug sect in Tibet and are expected to trace the development of the most popular religious sect in Tibet and watch how Tibetan monks live in these monasteries.